This Saturday we’re psyched to tap some fresh local beer and welcome our friends from Barrage Brewing of Farmingdale to the Tavern. This continues our Taps & Apps series that started last year with Barrier Brewing, where we hope to showcase some of the best beer on Long Island while pairing with great food.
A favorite of the local Nassau County Handgrenades Homebrew and Craft Beer Club, Barrage Brewing specializes in fantastic small-batch brews that are unique to anything we’ve seen. They have a small tasting room in Farmingdale that is a true garage bar, hence the name, which means “bar in a garage.”
The Barrage brewery consists of a 1-bbl. gas-fired stainless steel brewing system. By doing step infusions, brews are produced twice a day. There also are 10 42-gallon conical fermenters, some of them housed inside two 8×8 walk-in cold rooms. Bags of specialty malts are brought in from Germany, England and various specialty malts are gathered from throughout the U.S. to create some of the most original creations we’ve tasted, such as the Toasted Coconut Caramel Milk Stout and Oatmeal Raisin Vanilla Stout.
Join us this Saturday (December 10th) from 1-4 for some great beer and amazing food. Take a look at the menu below! The cost is $30 and includes unlimited beer and apps.
Dave Kellan will also be jamming with us from 1-4pm! Don’t miss it!
You can RSVP at our Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/229105560859699
Taps & Apps Menu:
1) Necromancer – 7 % abv. “Double IPA”
- Double-Dipped Corn Dog; Orange blossom honey mustard
2) McLaughlin’s Folly – 6.5% abv. “Oatmeal Raisin Vanilla Stout”
- Oatmeal Cookie Bread Pudding; Drunk Raisin Glaze
3) “Tribal Cow” – 6.8% abv. Toasted Coconut Caramel Milk Stout
- “J.A.H.’s Bar Snacks”Coconut Crusted Chicken; Salted Caramel Popcorn & Chocolate Covered Pretzels
4) Famous Last Words – 9% abv. “Russian Imperial Stout”
- Beer Braised Beef Stroganoff; Potato Matchsticks